Pages

Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Counting Down

We're counting down. No! Not to Christmas, but the release of RIVAL HEARTS!

20 more days until RIVAL HEARTS comes out! Are you excited? We are! Our story continues ...

For those who love Skylar and Caleb, thank you so much! I hope you enjoy Rival Hearts as much as I did writing it. Here is a snippet of what's to come ...

I catch a glimpse of Mr. Annoying’s last test and have to hold back a scream. Another A+. Before the move to New York, the only thing I got was A+’s. My eyes dart down to my own paper and I frown at the C- before me. In my last class I got a B and I thought that was the end of the world. This … this is like the end of the universe.
My life has officially hit rock-freaking-bottom. I need a tutor fast, before I can kiss even my partial scholarship to Duke goodbye. The bell rings and I already have my stuff in my hand, heading out the door, when I hear, “Oh, hey! Babycakes, have you finally started stalking me?”
I turn my glare to Malcom. “Why do you keep calling me that? And no, I’m not stalking you.”
“To answer your question, you wrinkle your nose every time I say it, and I find it cute.” He nudges my side. “But seriously, I must ask, what’s up with the frown? No peanuts for your parade?”
“Huh?” Who says that? And what the hell does that even mean?
He laughs and shrugs. “Sorry, my dad has all these dumbass sayings and they rub off.” He smiles. “So, what’s up? You don’t usually look so depressed. Guy troubles? Lacking some attention in the downstairs department?” He nudges me.
“No. Jeez. What’s wrong with you?” What a pervert. But as his words sort of play around in my head, I stop and ask, “And how would you know how I usually look?”
“Damn, the gig is up. Well, I’ve known you were in all my classes since day one. Fun is a good thing, you know. You should try it.” We leave the school and head down the busy sidewalk.

“You know what else is a good thing? Mace.”

No comments:

Post a Comment